Monday, January 5, 2009

Chicken Breasts in Cream Sauce with Capers and Pickled Asparagus

I made this up tonight for dinner. It was delicious and "a keeper", according to Mr. Mary Cooks. The sons ate it all up but the preschool-aged daughter did not (but I think she's feeling a bit under the weather since she didn't even eat her salad like usual).



Chicken Breasts in Cream Sauce with Capers and Pickled Asparagus

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dill
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp. capers
1 Tbsp. pickled asparagus tips, chopped

Combine the lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt, and dill in a small bowl. Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry. Sprinkle the seasonings evenly over all chicken breasts and both sides of each.

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, put the chicken breasts in gently. Brown first side for 5 minutes. Flip and brown the second side for 5 minutes. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 15-20 minutes total. Remove the chicken to a serving platter.

Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Whisk, stirring up the brown bits. Add the cream and whisk until it is reduced by half. Add the capers and asparagus. Cook for about 30 seconds then pour over the chicken.



I'm going to try something new this time, since I just gave you my recipe. I'm going to just post the photos and let them speak for themselves. Let me know if you like this better or if you simply think I'm being lazy (I kind of am!).



















No comments: