Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lemon and Oregano Chicken



This chicken was amazing...! Here's what I did. I made a marinade first (put everything right into a Ziploc bag).

Lemon rind from one whole lemon
Two pinches of kosher salt
Two tablespoons olive oil
About one tablespoon of oregano
Juice from one lemon
A good amount of freshly ground white pepper
About 1/4 cup of white wine (I used viognier)

Mash it all up in the Ziploc bag. Add the chicken. I added two breasts (with rib section) and three bone-in thighs. Let it marinate for about an hour. Due to the lemon juice, you really don't want to let it go over night or for the whole day, I don't think. Heat up your BBQ nice and hot and grill the chicken as you normally would.

This chicken was easily the best chicken I have made for a very long time. I paired it with two easy things: Herb & Butter Rice-a-Roni and some mixed vegetables. Lovely!

No comments: