Sunday, June 29, 2008

Burgers and Kebabs!

Grilling was on the menu today. Oh, man, this was very good!

I was frankly too hot to do step-by-steps with the hamburger patties and the kebabs. Here's what I did, though.

Veggies:
Soak the skewers for about 20 minutes.
Cut them into kebab appropriate pieces.
Drizzle with olive oil
Sprinkle with Tom Douglas' Steak Rub With Love

Hamburgers:
1 lb. organic 85/15 hamburger
2 1/2 Tbsp. bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. minced onion
Dash of garlic granules
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
A couple squirts of tomato paste from the tube

Mix it all together - but do not overmix - and form into patties. I made four patties. Quarter Pounders, baby!



Ask your husband nicely to start the BBQ. Honestly, if he died I would have no more homemade BBQ because it's filled with mystique. Then, put your items on the grill.



Babies are saying, "Hey mom! We're hungry!"
(Note these are actual baby birds in our actual carport. Yes, I know they wouldn't eat burgers. But I am so delighted to have babies again this year!)



Mmmm...cooked burgers!



Mmmm...grilled veggie kebabs!



This is what I put on my hamburger. It's amazingly good! Also, it's available at Safeway and some Albertsons.



Ta da! Dinner, my summer kids, is served!

No comments: