Friday, December 28, 2007

Stir Fry



This stir fry was divine. I marinated the chicken in Yoshida's teriyaki sauce all day. I used the following vegetables: onions, green pepper, shiitake mushrooms, baby bok choy, and bamboo shoots cut into strips (you can buy them in the can that way). I stir fried the chicken then added the onions. After those cooked for a while I added the green pepper. Then the baby bok choy (stems, no leaves yet). I added a tablespoon of butter and even though that's not authentic it made it taste so good! I put the lid on the pan for a little while so the bok choy would cook. Then I added the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and leaves of the bok choy. I put the lid on again for a minute or so until everything cooked. At the end I drizzled sesame oil and incorporated it into the stir fry.

This was seriously one of the best stir fries I have ever made. I really love baby bok choy so I think that made a big difference.

Sorry I haven't updated lately. I will have to upload photos from the past couple of weeks and backdate the entries.

No comments: