Sunday, December 30, 2007

Burgers and Fries



My husband's surrogate parents sent us some burgers and steaks from Omaha Steaks so I decided we should barbecue tonight! He cooked the burgers and I made oven fries. It's a pretty good oven fry recipe so I'll post it. It's off of http://allrecipes.com - a pretty good website for recipes. Anyway, I used more salt than called for, omitted the cayenne, and used a tablespoon of oil since one teaspoon seemed pretty skimpy for fries. Also, I covered the cookie sheet with foil and sprayed it with cooking spray. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied. Only my picky husband didn't like them. Everyone else ate them up with enthusiasm.

Oven Fries

Submitted by: Barbara Harris
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings

"Couldn't be simpler or more tasty. Cut potatoes are coated with oil, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes, and then baked. They emerge crusty and nippy on the outside and all potato on the inside."

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground cayenne
pepper

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil, and coat well with vegetable cooking spray. Scrub potatoes well and cut into 1/2 inch thick fries.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss potatoes with oil, sugar, salt and red pepper. Spread on baking sheet in one layer.
3. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until potatoes are tender and browned. Serve immediately.

No comments: